Playing Dress Up: A photoshoot and Make Over









Here's the story of our photo/make over shoot.
Tessa asked me one day for a hair cut, saying she wanted to go short from long. Liz and I had just done an updo/makeup photoshoot together for porfolio pictures, I thought Liz could get more make up shots, I could have more hair shots, Tessa could get to see a few different cuts on the way from long to short, and Marilis could take photos and what better way to spend a day then with a PHOTO SHOOT PARTY!

I love photoshoots and makeovers, it's like playing dress up when you are a kid only way better, because now I am an actual hairstylist and I won't get in trouble for cutting off my sisters bangs with a pair of plastic scissors. We broke some glasses, Marilis had a few hang over naps on the couch in between takes, ordered some general tao, live streamed the whole affair on the internet for a few viewers, broke my glass table my boyfriend warned me would be broken in no time when I brought it home from a thrift store. We made a made pile of clothing on the floor for outfit ideas, that Mazzy, my cat had some naps in. We got to the second last cut and then did a round two for the last cut a week or so later.
Some inspirations that arose were Edie Sedgwick, Twiggy, Complex Geometries, Lady Gaga, Agyness Dynn, Alice in Wonderland....
It was a fun time!
To get to know some more about the girls, check out my Who is Liz and Who is Tessa blogs and an earlier blog interview with Marilis from a few months back.
You can see a time lapse video of the affair on youtube as well.
You can also see Tessa's recap o nthe whole affair on Worn Fashion Journal's blog

Enjoy!
If you are interested in being our next extreme make over/photshoot victim send me a messsage!





No comments:

You may also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...