Pregnant Goldfishes: An interview with Marilis Cardinal


The Pregnant Goldfish aka Shut Up You Twit is a local Montreal fashionesque, lifestyle blog.
It is also good link to a lot of street style fashion sites and blogs.... (Check the list to the left of this blog) I use it as a quick link to all kinds of fashion inspiration.
This blog won # 2 Best Blog in Montreal 2008 by the Montreal Mirror and has lots of cute outfits and blurbs and I think writer Marilis Cardinal is the cutest little muffin.
Marilis is a little go getter, she not only puts her two cents in on The pregnant goldfish blog but is an intern at Night Life magazine and contributes her quirkiness.
She did photography for my clothing line and does lots of other projects all over Montreal and Internationally contributing for Cracker your Wardrobe out of Tokyo. She went to fashion school at La Salle, has a unique personal style. She has done costumes for Theatre, fashion styling and organises events around town, music shows, fashion shows and works with indyish.com, a local Montreal network of artists to do their thing.
She is still a youngin but if she keeps going at this pace, she may take over the world.
What inspires you ?

I've got a really weird and dark side to what inspires me that has nothing to do with my personality. I tend to really enjoy stark, dark and absurd art and fashion when in every day life, I'm far more colorful and dark is probably the last word you could ever use to inspire me. I'm inspired by anything from geometric shapes to GIF animations. I'm inspired by people with projects, friendly and outgoing daydreamers, and people who keep their emotions close to the surface.

How did you get started?

Like most things I do, I put very little thought into starting the blog and just kind of figured it out along the way. My friend Dane and I were sitting in a park one night and decided we would start the blog, we came up with a name and enlisted another friend of ours to join in on the fun and Bam! We had ourselves a fun little project that we've been working on for almost 2 years now.

What is your current vice or trend or obsession ?

I'm currently obsessed with jersey, fleece and black tights. I've also just recently rediscovered pants and started wearing them for the first time in about 3-4 years, men's pleated pants with a vintage t-shirt or a dress-shirt+bow-tie combo with some black heals.

What advice would you give to someone else trying to make their ideas a reality?

Just do it! You're the one in charge of setting and achieving your own goals. I'm all about trial and error and learning as you go, so I believe that if you fail, the worst thing you can do it give up.

No comments:

You may also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...