As part of my side project Quartier Mode.....we asked our pop-up designers taking part in our June 11th and 12th pop-up shop a few questions: Let's get to know Mercedes Larosa, the designer behind Bijougraphie's intricate little jems.

1) What inspires you?
Colour and patterns.

2) How did you get started?

I wanted to create and curate design on something beyond pixels and paper, so I put myself up to the challenge of figuring out what this three dimensional platform would be and how I could enrich it, design-wise. I saw opportunities to do this with the application of materials and graphic design in jewelry, which is how Bijougraphie and my side project, The Treasury Department came about.

3) What is your current vice or trend or obsession?

Listening to This American Life and Julie Nesrallah's show, Tempo on CBC Radio 2 and looking at http://www.plentyofcolour.com/ (you'll see why).

4) What advice would you give to someone trying to make their dreams a reality?

The trade-offs are worth it.

No comments:

You may also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...